Elder Michael Cevering

Elder Michael Cevering
Puerto Rico, San Juan Mission

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Email May 27, 2013

Hello Family! This week was a really disappointing week because, once again, I've been sick. The dengue has a three-month recurring effect, and on top of that I have been living with Elder Helm, who has had a flu called the monga. So, as I was coming out of the dengue, and since my immune system was weak, I then developed the monga. So I was down in bed a few days this week. It's been frustrating to not be able to go out and work. Other news, Elder Smith was sent to Tortola--really beautiful--and my new companion came in from Tortola: Elder Delcompare. He's from Guatemala. It's been cool. Elder Delcompare is a great guy. But we probably won't be companions very long. I'll probably get a new missionary next week and start training again. On Tuesday and Wednesday I worked with the zone leaders (Elder Castaneda and Elder Helm)in their area until Elder Delcompare came in. Then Thursday and Friday I was down in bed. Saturday we worked all day, and then part of Sunday I was in bed again. It was frustrating, but I got a blessing and I think I'll get better. I'm going to buy more meds tonight :) We were able to visit Andres and Lowra again this week. Unfortunately Andres had been drinking so we weren't really able to talk with him. But Lowra is really great: she set up an appointment with us for this Thursday. I'm really excited. This morning we were visited by Elder Cornish of the seventy. I was asked to sing Savior, Redeemer of My Soul with one of the sister missionaries. I was almost not going to do it because the monga has basically taken away my voice. But with the blessing I got I was able to sing. People said they could tell I was sick, but they said we did a good job. And then Elder Cornish was really great: I could definitely feel the power of his calling. Anyway, love you all! Don't worry about my health, I will be better by next week for sure :) Elder Cevering

No comments:

Post a Comment