Elder Michael Cevering

Elder Michael Cevering
Puerto Rico, San Juan Mission

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A special message from Elder Cevering

Elder Cevering requested that I post this message on his Facebook page so I thought I would post it here as well. It is written below in English and then in Spanish. Hello! For those of you who don't remember me, my name is Michael Todd Cevering, I'm on a mission in Puerto Rico. That's a little island in the Caribean if you didn't know ;). So while you're freezing in the snow, I'm getting a sun tan. Beach time baby ;) I've arrived to the eighteen month mark in my mission: six months left till I'm back home in the cold with so many of you. That will be a good day, but it's not here yet, and I can't think much about it. But I have wanted to write to you all for quite some time now. As a missionary, you have the chance to talk with so many people: you are literally surrounded by people. However, you have experiences as a missionary that make you feel more alone than ever before. It's an absolutely bi-polar experience. Something that's been on my mind lately has been my previous life: my incredible family and friends who have taught me so much and helped me so much to grow. Also, I've thought so much about my mistakes. I want you to know that I love you all and I am sorry for my weaknesses. When I'm home, I hope to be able to resolve all my debts to so many of you. I have learned in reflection how it is that the love and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ are so perfect that He permits us to meet others who will leave an eternal mark on our souls. This truth illuminated my mind to a deeper level this week as I was studying the Book of Mormon and read of Alma and Amulek coming together after angelic visitations. My love for you all is deep. I pray for you and hope to always be there for you all. May we ever reach out to others who need our help, especially in this time of the Hastening of the Lord's work. The Hastening of the work will bring much opposition: may we always be found on the Lord's side, doing all we can to fulfill our duty. God is our Father. Jesus is our Christ. They are aware of us. I know that to be true. In the name of Jesus Christ, and with all my love, Elder Michael Todd Cevering ------------------------------------------------- Hola, Por aquellos que no me recuerden, mi nombre es Elder Cevering. Todavía estoy aquí en Puerto Rico: la isla del Encanto. El diamante del Caribe. Si pudiera, iría a la playa con ustedes. Lo dejaremos para después :) Llegue a mis diez y ocho meces en la misión, lo cual significa que pronto estaré en casa, congelándome en la nieve. Oren por mi :) Debido a que no podemos hablar cara a cara, quise escribir esta carta para que supieran de mi amor. He reflexionado en mi pasado y me he dado cuenta de cuanto les amo y cuanto me han ayudado. También, me he fijado en mis errores y quiero pedir perdón a cualquier que he ofendido. Quiero ser una mejor persona. En esta semana, he sido tocado por el Espíritu y he sentido la gran veracidad que Dios--en Su amor infinito y Su conocimiento tan perfecto--nos permite conocer a otras personas que dejan una marca eterna en nuestras almas. Este me impacto tanto cuando leía la historia del encuentro de Alma hijo y Amulek en Ammoniah. El impacto de su amistad fue eterno. Agradezco a mi Padre Celestial por haberme dado la misma oportunidad con muchos de ustedes, quienes dejaron una marca en mi alma que me influirá para siempre. Recordemos que tenemos la habilidad de ayudar a otras personas. Vivimos en el tiempo del Apresuramiento de la obra de nuestro Salvador Jesucristo. Que siempre nos encontremos a Su lado en esta obra, magnificando nuestros deberes, es mi oración. Yo se que Dios vive, que es nuestro Padre. Se que Jesús es nuestro Salvador. Ellos nos conocen perfectamente y están atentos a nuestras necesidades. En el nombre de Jesucristo, y con amor, Elder Michael Todd Cevering

No comments:

Post a Comment