Elder Michael Cevering

Elder Michael Cevering
Puerto Rico, San Juan Mission

Monday, January 27, 2014

Email January 27, 2014

Hello Family! This week was not a successful week for us: I was sick all week long. I woke up last Monday not feeling really well: headache, back pains, stomach pains and nausea, and those symptoms worsened during the day. I thought I had dengue again. I had to stay in all day Tuesday and part of Wednesday. Thursday we went on a trade-off with the zone leaders so I could do their baptismal interviews, and then Friday and Saturday I was inside all day again. It was really frustrating! The good thing is I still feel positive about the situation and I'm feeling much better. Whatever it was that I had is gone now, and I'm looking forward to this week. We're going to make some serious changes in the things that we do, and we're going to find some of the people we've talked with and we're going to be even more direct with them. We are going to now focus our efforts on specific families in the wards. All reactivation work is going to come through the ward leaders: not from us. If they want our help in reactivation, they can call us :). We're going to focus on helping the active members become active in this work. They all say that they help people and give service: we're going to help them become missionaries in those moments. That's the number one thing we're going to be focusing on. That was easier in Aibonito because there weren't a lot of members, and in Carolina because we had a car. In bayamon it's going to be a LOT more difficult because everyone lives spread out. The city is really big, and there's no public transportation. But I guess we're just going to have to improve even more our planning--which I think is a part of this whole not having cars thing. As far as investigators are concerned, there's nothing to report. Elder De Oleo went out and worked with the other missionaries this week in trade offs and had no success teaching anybody we've found. I love Elder De Oleo. He's super calm and relaxed. He's really great with people and he is a good friend. He always tries to serve: in the house and in the streets. I got to see some members from Carolina last night: they were here in bayamon so they came to see me. It was really great! It made me want to go back super bad! We'll see what the Lord wants. Love you all! Elder Cevering

No comments:

Post a Comment