Elder Michael Cevering

Elder Michael Cevering
Puerto Rico, San Juan Mission

Monday, November 11, 2013

Email November 11, 2013

Hi Mom & Dad, We took a 5 hour hike today to San Cristobal Canyon with a less-active family so I don't have much time to write. Sorry. We had a good week. We had three investigators in church--including the ones the zone leaders brought. The attendance has stayed at more than 30 now for more than a month which is a really great improvement. Amarilis and Zuly both came to church. Elder Mena--one of the zone leaders--and I spoke in sacrament. We all felt the spirit really strong. A lot of the members cried and were really grateful and responded positive to our messages. We're hoping that it can change the ward. I spoke about trials and God's perfect love for us. I'm not worried about talking about missionary work with the ward because I know they need to understand other things before they will be willing to be involved. I'll continue writing in the next set of photos. Anyway, we also went down to Caguas on Saturday because the stake young mens' presidency asked us to go down to share our testimonies to the youth about our experiences in seminary. It was a good experience. I met a girl who just returned from her mission in New York and was a part of Cragun's zone. Her name would have been Hermana or Sister Pagan. You could ask Sister Liston to tell him I met her. Things are going well: we are happy and we have a really full week ahead of us. We have 3 or 4 service projects planned for members. We're also going down to Orocovis tomorrow to visit some members and investigators. It's going to be a really good week. We find out about transfers on Saturday. Mom, can you send me another one of those miniature pillows? Hermana Molina--the member whose house we live in--wants one for Hermano Molina because...of something. She washes our clothes and stuff and saw my little pillow and wanted one. I love you all! Elder Cevering

No comments:

Post a Comment